Gregory D. Bulger
Get To Know Dr. Bulger
Dr. Bulger is board-certified in vascular surgery and general surgery and is a diplomate of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM). He has been working in the field since 2005.
- Board-certified in Vascular Surgery
- Board-certified in General Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM)
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- Stanford University, Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy
- Texas Tech Health Science Center, Medical Degree
- Rush University Medical Center, Fellowship, Vascular Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- University of Connecticut Health Center, Clinical Associate Faculty
- American Heart Association, Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- American Venous Forum
- American Vein & Lymphatic Society (AVLS)
- Endovenous ablation
- Wound care
- New Practitioner of the Year, Eastern Connecticut Health Network, 2006
More About Dr. Bulger
Dr. Bulger started his college career as an undergraduate at Stanford University – where he received his Bachelor of Arts in philosophy. After that, he attended Texas Tech Health Science Center where he received his Doctor of Medicine. In the years following, he completed his vascular surgery fellowship at the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago.
Following his schooling, Dr. Bulger has an impressive work background. After completing his fellowship, he worked for the Surgical Specialties of Eastern Connecticut from 2005 to 2007. He held multiple positions at Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN) – Vascular Surgeon for Health Services from 2007 to 2017, Medical Director at the Center for Wound Healing from 2009 to 2012, and Chief of Vascular Surgery at ECHN Hospitals from 2009-2010. After his time at ECHN, he was the Vascular Surgeon at the University of Connecticut Hospital from 2010 to 2021. Before joining Center for Vein Restoration, Dr. Bulger worked for Vein Clinics of America, where he was a Vascular Surgeon from 2010 to 2021 and the South East Regional Medical Director from 2012 to 2016.
Dr. Bulger has held numerous appointments at different hospitals and affiliations including the MMH Values Analysis Committee, MMH-ECHN Pharmacy Committee, St. Francis Hospital (Hartford, CT), Eastern Connecticut Health Network (where he was active staff in the Department of Surgery), and Medical Executive Committee at Vein Clinics of America. He currently is part of the Clinical Associate Faculty at the University of Connecticut Health Center, where he has been serving since 2010.
Dr. Bulger is part of the Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society, Society for Vascular Ultrasound, Society for Vascular Surgery, American College of Surgeons, American Venous Forum, and the American Vein & Lymphatic Society (AVLS).