Get to Know Dr. Fried
After 30-years of serving patients as a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Robert T. Fried has turned his professional focus to diagnosing and treating venous and lymphatic disease. He has a long-standing history of successful patient outcomes and high satisfaction rates. He consistently achieves three-star ratings—the highest ranking possible as a healthcare provider.
Dr. Fried is board certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery (Diplomate), the American Board of Surgery (Diplomate), and the American College of Surgeons (Fellow). He holds certificates in the use of Medtronic Evolut Pro+ and ProMitraClip medical devices for transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedures.
Dr. Fried prides himself on taking a whole-patient approach to care, addressing the root of the patient’s concerns and not just the patient’s presenting symptoms.
- Diplomate, American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Diplomate, American Board of Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Residency – Cardiothoracic Surgery, Montefiore-Albert Einstein Hospital, Bronx, NY
- Fellowship – Cardiothoracic Surgery, New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center, New York, NY
- Fellowship – Mount Sinai Hospital and Medical Center, New York, NY
- Medical degree – Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC
- Master of Science – Physiology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- Venous Insufficiency
- Radiofrequency and laser ablation
- Ambulatory phlebectomy
- Ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy