How to prepare for your vein treatment at Center for Vein Restoration.
These recommendations are good for all modalities that CVR offers.
Feeling, looking, and living better starts with successful preparation for your vein procedure. Please review the instructions below to get the most out of your treatment and ensure the best chance at a full, satisfying recovery.
Getting back to normal is easy when you follow these procedure preparation instructions.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Please eat and drink normally before a procedure. Fasting is not necessary.
- Take your medications as prescribed. DO NOT interrupt your normal dosing unless your doctor has given instructions otherwise regarding a particular medication.
- If you've taken a sedative before your procedure be sure you have someone drive you to and from your appointment. (Taxi lists are available upon request.
- Bring your compression stockings with you on the day of your procedure.
- Wear roomy, comfortable clothing, such as loose or stretchy pants, shorts, or a skirt.
- Undergarments may get stained as the doctor preps the entire leg, including the groin area. Please don’t wear anything that you value highly.
- Bring a referral to your first procedure if your insurance requires it. Because each patient's treatment and insurance plans differ, your plan may require an additional referral.
NOTE: These are general guidelines for your care. Please follow any specific instructions provided by your care team, as they may vary from what is presented here.
Pre-Procedure Instructions for Ultrasound-Guided Foam Sclerotherapy
Follow these procedure prep instructions to ensure you get the most out of your ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy treatment.
- Please don't shave the area(s) to be treated on the day of your appointment.
- On the day of your treatment, please don't wear makeup, perfume, cologne, lotions, or powder on the area to be treated.
- You'll need to bring your compression stockings with you on the day of the procedure. If you don't have compression stockings, you'll need to see one of the office staff for a fitting before purchasing them.
Pre-Procedure Instructions for Ambulatory Phlebectomy
Because ambulatory phlebectomies are often performed at the same time as laser and radiofrequency ablations, please follow the instructions listed under laser and radiofrequency ablations for this procedure.
Pre-Procedure Instructions for Visual Sclerotherapy
Although it doesn't require an ultrasound, visual sclerotherapy is similar to ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy. Therefore, we ask that you follow the same instructions listed under ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy for this procedure.