MD, FACS, FACC
Get To Know Dr. Mathai
Dr. John Mathai is cardiac surgeon specializing in phlebology and is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of venous disorders. He is double board-certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery and is a Member of the American College of Phlebology.
Dr. Mathai earned his medical degree from the University of Kerala, India, and completed his general surgery residency at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, PA. He completed his cardio-thoracic residency at the University of Maryland in Baltimore and cardiac surgery fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic.
Dr. Mathai brings the same level of precision to vein care that he brought to his work as an open-heart surgeon.
- Board-Certified - American Board of Surgery
- Board- Certified - American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Fellow - American College of CHEST Physicians
- Fellow - American College of Cardiology
- Fellow - American College of Surgeons
- Medical degree – University of Kerala, India
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- York County Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Thoracic Surgery
- Member American Vein & Lymphatic Society (AVLS)
- Cardiac Surgery
- Venous Insufficiency
- Varicose Veins
- Spider Veins
More About Dr. Mathai
Dr. Mathai is devoted to building trusting relationships with his patients. He accomplishes this by making every patient feel comfortable and welcome in his practice. He takes the time to explain the diagnosis and treatment plan thoroughly and is in constant communication during a procedure so that the patient understands every step and is at ease.