Get to Know Dr. Calcagno
Dr. Calcagno is a board-certified surgeon, vascular surgeon, and phlebologist with 30 years of experience in the practice of vascular surgery. He first started his journey at Tufts University in Massachusetts, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Chemistry. Following his time at Tufts, he received his medical degree from Duke University School of Medicine in North Carolina, where he was a member of Alpha Omega Alpha, the National Medical Honor Society.
Dr. Calcagno's Credentials
- Vascular Surgery
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) – Tufts University
- Medical Degree – Duke University School of Medicine
- Resident, General Surgery – New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship, Vascular Surgery – Mayo Clinic
- American College of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine, Fellow
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- American Venous Forum, Charter Member
- Venous Medicine
- Varicose Veins
- Spider Veins
- Best Surgical Track Presentation by Attending, Medical Education Day, Pinnacle Health System
- General Surgery Subspecialty Teaching Award, Community General Osteopathic Hospital
- Outstanding Teaching Award, Pinnacle Health Hospitals, Department of Surgery
More About Dr. Calcagno
After graduating from Duke, Dr. Calcagno did his surgical residency at New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center and went on to do a vascular surgery fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Following fellowship training, Dr. Calcagno served as Chief of Vascular Surgery at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, D.C. and moved to the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area in 1992. During that time, he served as Chief of Vascular Surgery and President of the Medical Staff at Pinnacle Health. In 2007, he opened his own practice, Calcagno and Rossi Vein Treatment Center in Mechanicsburg alongside his colleague, Dr. John A. Rossi.
Dr. Calcagno is a fellow of the American College of Phlebology and the American College of Surgeons. He is also a charter member of the American Venous Forum.
He has presented at national vein conferences and published numerous articles in medical journals about the treatment of vein disease.