K. Francis Lee
MD, FACS, RVT, RPVI
Get to Know Dr. Lee
Dr. Lee is the founder and medical director of Advanced Vein Care Center, now a part of Center for Vein Restoration. A long-time resident of western Massachusetts, he has been providing expert vein care to the greater Springfield area for over two decades. Dr. Lee’s depth of expertise, history of clinical excellence, and exceptional patient care is a perfect fit for the patient-centered, state-of-the-art vascular care provided by CVR.
With more than 50 peer-reviewed journal publications, most in prestigious cardiovascular journals, Dr. Lee has authored two books on surgical residency education and several review articles and chapters currently found in medical textbooks.
Dr. Lee's Credentials
- General Surgery
- Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)
- Medical degree, Harvard Medical School
- Postgraduate surgical training, Duke University Medical Center
- Postgraduate surgical training, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center
- Undergraduate degree, Stanford University
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Society of Critial Care Medicine
- Medical staff for Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, and Holyoke Medical Center, Holyoke
- Venous Ulcers
- Varicose Veins
- Venous Insufficiency
- General Surgery
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation National Fellowship, recognizing mid-career professional achievements and leadership
More About Dr. Lee
K. Francis Lee, MD, FACS, RVT, RPVI, joined Center for Vein Restoration (CVR) through a partnership with Advanced Vein Care Center (AVCC) in Springfield, Massachusetts. By joining CVR and AVCC, patients experiencing venous insufficiency (vein disease) symptoms are better served. Symptoms of vein disease include leg pain, swelling, achiness, restless legs, slow-healing wounds of the lower leg, and bulging varicose veins.
As a leading authority on the diagnosis and treatment of vein disease, Dr. Lee is certified by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, is a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT), and a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI). Because vascular ultrasound is critical to the success of most vein procedures, having a board-certified general surgeon who can personally perform vascular ultrasounds and interpret the results during vein treatment is a distinct advantage for Dr. Lee’s patients.
Dr. Lee is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is on the medical staff for Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, and Holyoke Medical Center, Holyoke. He has served on numerous national task forces and committees for the American College of Surgeons and the Society of Critical Care Medicine. He has received multiple awards and grants, including the W.K. Kellogg Foundation National Fellowship, recognizing him for his mid-career professional achievements and leadership.