MD, FACS, RVT
Get to Know Dr. Wright
James G. Wright, MD, FACS, RVT is a board-certified vascular surgeon and thought leader in the field of venous and lymphatic medicine. Throughout his career, Dr. Wright has been actively involved in developing breakthrough technologies that continue to make vein care safer, less invasive, and more effective. He is the former founder and medical director of Midwest Vein Center. In 2020, he and his team chose to partner with Center for Vein Restoration.
Dr. Wright's Credentials
- American Board of Surgery (General)
- American Board of Surgery (Vascular)
- American Board of Phlebology
- Nottingham University, Fellowship, Endovascular Surgery
- Boston University, Fellowship, Vascular Surgery
- Loyola University, Residency, General Surgery
- Loyola University, Medical Degree
- Diplomate, American Board of Surgery
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Past President, Academy of Surgical Research
- Past President, Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society
- Founding President, Chicago Endovascular Surgery Society
- Vascular Surgery
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Venous Insufficiency
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly
- Top Doc, Chicago Magazine
More About Dr. Wright
Dr. J. Gordon Wright completed his medical degree, cum laude with honors at Loyola University, and then completed a residency in General Surgery there as well. He undertook two fellowships: A Vascular Surgery fellowship at Boston University and an Endovascular Surgery fellowship at Nottingham University.
Since then, Dr. Wright has been actively involved in the field of venous and lymphatic medicine. Dr. Wright has been a valued participant in dozens of FDA approved clinical trials and is published in all areas of vascular disorders. He has served in a number of membership and leadership roles at a large number of prestigious professional associations, including but not limited to: American Medical Association, Illinois Medical Society, Chicago Medical Society, American Venous and Lymphatic Society, and the American Venous Forum. He’s a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Vein and Lymphatic Society (formerly known as the American College of Phlebology).
As a thought-leader in the field, Dr. Wright is often invited to present at national conferences and has been widely published in peer reviewed medical journals. Besides being recognized as a Top Doc by Chicago Magazine multiple times, he has also been voted by his peers as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor.
Dr. Wright prides himself on making his patients feel welcome and comfortable in his office while receiving best-in-class care. Wright and his wife are enjoying their empty nest, but welcome frequent visits from their children. In their spare time, they enjoy reading and spending time with their grandchildren and extended family.